Between the cold air outside and the heat inside, it’s easy to see why winter is a tough time for your skin. There’s hardly any moisture to be found! At SafiraMD in Alpharetta, Georgia, it’s our mission and our passion to help you take care of and love your skin all year round. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks to keep your skin looking moisturized, youthful and glowing throughout the winter!
HydraFacials at SafiraMD take just 30 minutes to reveal a more glowing, intensely clean and hydrated complexion. This relaxing treatment exfoliates dull skin cells and extracts impurities while replenishing your dermis with hydrating nutrients. It’s especially effective as a party-prepping treatment because it’s so quick and there is zero downtime! All you’ll have to look forward to is a range of improvements including:
- Smaller pores
- Reduced blemishes and redness
- Diminished pigmentation irregularities
- Softer lines and wrinkles
Skin Care Products
We’re proud to offer a wide selection of medical-grade skin care products, which can heal and improve your skin as well as enhance and help maintain the effects of your skin care treatments! We provide products that use the highest quality ingredients, and many are designed to heal and protect dry skin, with ingredients such as antioxidants, peptides and calming agents. We can recommend a number of clinically-proven moisturizers that are formulated to hydrate and calm parched skin without clogging your pores or resorting to harsh ingredients. During your skin care consultation, we can help you determine which products are best for you, as well as your optimal application times each day, so you can get the most out of your products!
Other tips and tricks
- Avoid Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHAs) and exfoliants (beware of face wash products that include “exfoliating beads”). Abrasive cleansers and exfoliants are overkill in the winter, when your skin is already dry!
- Opt instead for moisture-rich, restorative formulas. One ingredient in particular to look for and use is hyaluronic acid – a natural and highly effective skin moisturizer.
- Wash your face less frequently. If you wash your face twice a day, for example, try adjusting to once a day and using a gentle face wipe or something else more hydrating at night.